Debuts Experiential Concept Store in Trendy Georgetown Neighborhood in Washington, D.C
The Georgetown space offers a true OmniChannel experience by providing a new, complementary way for JamesAllen.com customers to explore, research, and purchase its products. For over a decade, JamesAllen.com has offered a savvy base of younger consumers access to beautiful engagement rings and other diamond jewelry. The site currently features:
- More than 200,000 high-quality, certified loose diamonds, each magnified up to 40x and presented in 360° HD.
- Hundreds of customizable ring styles.
- Simplified ‘design your own’ selection process that allows site users to build their dream piece of jewelry online.
Now customers can experience the JamesAllen.com brand in an immersive gallery experience in a physical environment enhanced by the brand’s technology-forward approach to shopping.
JamesAllen.com was acquired last year by Signet Jewelers, the world’s largest retailer of diamond jewelry. Signet seeks to expand its OmniChannel strategy by blending e-commerce with brick-and-mortar shopping experiences.
“We’re excited to continue executing Signet’s Customer-First OmniChannel strategy with this new shopping experience from JamesAllen.com, integrating both our digital and physical retail platforms,” said Virginia C. Drosos, Chief Executive Officer at Signet Jewelers. “The world-class innovation and technology at the core of JamesAllen.com’s business will come to life in the new location, redefining the jewelry shopping experience for our customers.”
“Our new brick-and-mortar location allows JamesAllen.com to continue innovating and pioneering the future of retail,” said Oded Edelman, co-founder and president of JamesAllen.com. “This in-store shopping experience in Georgetown brings our brand to life and creates a truly one-of-a-kind immersive experience for our customers.”
The concept store will feature:
- Virtual Reality: Customers can learn about the 4Cs and how to make the best decision when buying diamonds in an immersive way, using a VR headset while viewing a 3D video with narration.
- Coffee Bar with “iGrade”: Enjoy coffee while using patented tablet-based technology that enables customers to browse and grade diamond quality online for peer-to-peer preference comparisons.
- Ring Try-On Photo Booth: Customers can take pictures with diamond rings and upload the images to their social channels, with added visual elements including GIFs and animation, for instant feedback from family and friends.
- Self-Service Diamond Display Table: 10-foot table display featuring best-selling engagement rings, giving customers instant access to diamond rings without needing a key or associate.
As a demonstration of JamesAllen.com’s OmniChannel strategy, customer service representatives at the store will also be available to assist customers through online channels. For example, when employees at the Georgetown location are not assisting customers in-person, they will continue to provide service to customers online, from the same Georgetown location.
The new retail storefront will be in the center of Georgetown’s popular cobblestoned streets with nearby boutiques, galleries and upscale dining. The JamesAllen.com retail experience is open to the public and is located at 3109 M Street NW in Washington, D.C.
JamesAllen.com, the fastest-growing online retailer of engagement rings and loose diamonds, allows customers to easily personalize and order engagement rings and other fine jewelry entirely online. Through its advanced technology, including an augmented reality Ring Try-On app and proprietary 360° Diamond Display Technology that shows what each actual diamond looks like from every angle in HD, the company has earned industry-leading customer satisfaction scores. Founded in 2006 by four industry veterans with decades of combined retail and diamond experience, JamesAllen.com was acquired by Signet Jewelers in 2017.
212-319-3451, ext. 648